As we all celebrate the beginning of a new year, Knock of Décor also celebrates its second birthday. I am so grateful for all of you who visit each day to get your knock-off fix and make this site the great success that it is.
I love that I get to showcase such amazing talent and would like to recognize the top ten projects featured on KOD during 2012 according to page views. Let’s take a stroll down memory lane…
1. Coming in at Number 1 is this gorgeous white ruffled quilt made by Suesan from Frou FruGal. I am so glad we can honor Suesan’s hard work that went into designing and sewing her quilt! Congrats, Girl! I know you earned it!
2. It’s not hard to see why this stenciled rug by Lydia from Pudel-Design is right up there! You may recall that she made the stencil and then traced and painted the entire rug by hand!
3. With large pleated ruffles, these dramatic curtains from Bess of Besserina take third prize. Gorgeous, inexpensive, and easy to make – what’s not to love?
4. Next up is this platform bed made by Becky from Reinventing the Ordinary for her daughter’s college dorm room that’s full of storage and style.
5. At Number 5 are these beautifully stenciled curtains from Erin of Lavender and Lemon Drops. I am a huge fan of creating custom items with drop cloth and stencils, so Erin’s curtains are right up my alley!
6. Brook from BeingBrook wowed us with her crafter’s dream room that features this generously-sized work and storage table her husband built following plans from Ana White.
7. These petal curtains from Kirstin at KoJo are difficult to forget with their gorgeous cascading design. It’s no wonder they were a fave this year!
8. Carrie from Dittle Dattle showed us how easy it is to refab inexpensive laminate shelving to look like it came from a high-end catalog with these black bookshelves.
9. Michelle from The Gilded Hare shared how to make rosette pillows from a twin sheet. Her super sturdy design allows for plenty of snuggles!
10. Last but not least, we have this stylish and functional cubby system that Christine from First Home… Love Life made from an IKEA organizer. Lots of style without the expense!
Congrats, Ladies, on making the top ten here on KOD for 2012, and here’s to a new year that’s full of fabulous knock offs!