Oh, curtains. They can be such a pain in the rear challenge when it comes to decorating. There are just so many factors to consider – length, weight, material, sheerness, rod style… Take all that and then try to find the color and pattern you want. That’s where I have found myself time and again turning to DIY projects to get the exact curtains I need and want for my space. Are you tired of the curtain blues? Here are ten DIY curtain projects to inspire you, and, of course, they are all inspired by high end design!
1. Ashleigh from Beckham and Belle added pom-pom trim to a pair of IKEA panels for a playful pop in her playroom.
2. Laura from Décor to Adore made her own applique curtains using the floral pattern from a tablecloth.
3. Lindsay from The White Buffalo Styling Co used a clamp and fold tie dye technique to make these eye catching curtains for her office.
4. Sondra of Sondra Lyn at Home recreates pricey $300 panels by stenciling on drop cloth.
5. These no-sew diamond accent curtains from Kelly at View Along the Way were made with IKEA panels, strips of fabric, and hem tape.
6. Lindsay from Makely School for Girls hot glued rows of pom pom trim to create these fun, vibrant curtains for her daughter’s room.
7. Sarah of Sarah M. Dorsey Designs put her sewing skills to the test by turning sheets into Anthropologie-inspired ruffle curtains.
8. Carissa of Carissa Miss found out how to get the exact curtains she wanted for her daughter’s nursery without breaking the bank by sewing her own lined curtains.
9. Beth from Home Stories A to Z knocked off Ballard’s expensive curtains by stenciling her own trellis design onto IKEA panels.
10. I completely changed the look of my living room by painting chunky horizontal stripes on plain white panels.
Have you ever DIYed curtains to get a high end look for less? I would love to see what you’ve created!