Studies show that 58% of homeowners believe that having window shades are functional and stylish.
Among all window treatment choices, blinds are the most preferred type of covering by Americans.
Aside from its practical uses, blinds can significantly enhance the interior design of every home as they project a look of modern elegance.
Further, manufacturers offer a wide array of designs, colors, and patterns where you can choose from according to your preferences.
Homeowners also believe that they are the finishing touch of all rooms.
Most Popular Types
Composed of slats that individually run along with the structure, it can part in the middle or can open between the two sides.
Since it is recommended for patios and tall windows, it usually runs from the floor to the ceiling.
This is probably the most popular kind because it has horizontal slats with attached strings or tapes.
It features a unique mechanism where the bottom slat gets pressed on the top slat when raised.
It is efficient for bedroom and living room windows.
Mini or Small
From its name alone, one can already deduce that it has small slats that are perfect for small windows, such as those in the kitchen.
This is even smaller than mini window shades with slats that measure a half-inch only, which is efficient for bathroom windows.
This is the most versatile type, which makes it the leading choice for huge windows in the living room or the patio.
It has sections that run along a track, which makes it easy for the user to open or close.
Here are some reasons why you should opt for this window treatment.
- It prevents the harmful rays of ultraviolet light from entering your home, therefore protecting your family from possible health consequences.
- It offers maximum privacy for you and your family because of the full window coverage.
- They can also block off the dust that comes with direct sunlight, which will save you time and money for cleaning purposes.
- It can be flexible and allow you to adjust the coverage on the window. In other words, it provides more control over the volume of light that enters the house. The slats are tightly fitted and can completely block off light if you need to sleep during the day. You can manually manipulate it, or you can use the remote control for those electronic versions.
- It is convenient and easy to maintain. Unlike curtains that you must wash regularly, blinds can be cleaned by using a clean cloth. Also, they never lose their style as they always look new through time.
- It gives a thick layer of insulation that lessens heat to about 45% during the summer season.
- It is considerably cheaper because its materials are accessible to manufacturers. Those made of faux wood are the most affordable but still offer the same maximum performance.
- Categorically, the cordless ones guarantee maximum safety for children and pets. They are composed of conductor operation, retractile cords, and wire stops, which would prevent your kids from misusing the cords.
- It is made up of various materials like metal, synthetic, or aluminum, wood, and bamboo. These materials complement the design needs of the different parts of your house.
More than its aesthetic functions, the different types provide multiple uses that can save you time and money.
It offers total blackout, privacy protection, convenience, child-safety precautions, heat insulation, and cost reduction.